
It all began Jan3, 2010. We checked into NE Baptist at 5:30pm and we were officially on our way to being parents!
I had sent Brandon home to get some good rest - at least one of us needed to have had a good nights sleep in our bed.
Brandon got to the hospital at 5:30 and I was induced at 6:30 am.
By 8:30 am they broke my water and I was very suprised by the whole ordeal. The nurses told me my contractions would intensify once my water was broken, but I did not realize they meant literally as soon as my water was broken. That is when our day began. The contractions came and went with out me feeling much before this point, my nurse was telling me you are having a contraction right now... cant you feel it? But I couldnt, at least not until they broke my water.
I fully intended on waiting to see how bad it got before I got an epidural. I had heard all these stories about how an epidural could make the "pushing" part last longer, and I wanted to avoid that! So, time passed, family came and went... friends stopped by... and Brandon let me squeeze his hand as hard as I wanted - very helpful!
By 1:30 the contractions were very intense. I had a break between each contraction at the beginning, but at this point I was having back labor (super not fun back pain) in between each contraction so there was no break. I asked the nurse to check my dialation to see how far we were... only 4 cm! So, I knew there would be many more hours of this to come.
I ordered the epidural and I got it about an hour later... it was incredible how fast the pain went away! And, the IV hurt more than the epidural did. Every one told me you are in labor- you wont even notice that you havent eaten all day- NOT TRUE! I was starving! As soon we started pushing I had my mom call Jasons Deli so the food would be there when we were done.
By six the doc said we were ready to push, and at 6:26 our little girl was born!

I asked Brandon what she looked like and the first things he said was that she had her uncle Kyle's mouth and my cousin Beverly's toes. He said our baby could pick trout up out of a river with her toes!
We were beyond excited! She was perfect! Healthy, all digits in place and cute as can be.. even with the biggest cone head you have ever seen.
It took us until Wed to name her. She had a head full of hair- black hair- and it totally threw us for a loop. The birth certificate lady was hanging out in our room for like an hour the last day just waiting for us to name her. Finally I asked her daddy to pick from our list so we could go home. He chose Kinley Faye White. And it is the most perfect name for her!
I was totally impressed with how quickly Brandon has taken to being a dad. Immidiately he was helping change her and holding her. I thought it would take a little getting use to, but it didnt. He was born to be a dad. I have never been so in love with him. We are blessed beyond measure!
This is such a sweet story :) LOVE HER!!
ReplyDelete